[TriLUG] slight OT: multi-band cell booster

Wayne Hendricks waynehendricks at gmail.com
Mon Jun 27 18:07:03 EDT 2011

I'm just jumping in here, but If you can get internet access at the remote location, you might try to get AT&T's mircocell.  It tunnels regular GSM/3G over the internet for locations that don't have adequate cell service.  Verizon also offers a femtocell device that provides coverage on CDMA bands as well, but doesn't work for data I believe.  A friend of mine bought a GSM compatible  Wi-Ex zBoost that works pretty well, but you at least have to be in range to pick up a little bit of signal for it to act as a repeater.  =W=