[TriLUG] slight OT: multi-band cell booster

Joseph Mack NA3T jmack at wm7d.net
Mon Jun 27 18:49:45 EDT 2011

On Mon, 27 Jun 2011, David Burton wrote:

> No, my reply was off-topic.  I was responding to Joseph's
> message about his moby-cantenna for WiFi.

not familiar with the term "moby" as applied to antennas (or
much else) and google wasn't helpful either (but I did find
out about Moby-Duck which was pretty interesting)

>>> Intrex sells a dish for $50:

the problem with these (apart from being big) is that you
need a wifi card with a coax connector, which I didn't have
at the time. For my next trip to the FiL's, I bought a USB
wifi card with a coax connector that I ran up to a 10
element wifi yagi which I mounted on a tripod designed to
hold lights for photographers. That got great reception.
However this is frequency dependant and doesn't help the OP.

Joe