[TriLUG] Job Posting: Cleared LINUX Sys Admins

Joseph Mack NA3T jmack at wm7d.net
Fri Jul 22 10:35:32 EDT 2011

On Fri, 22 Jul 2011, dave bartlett wrote:

>> Does anyone have any advice as to where to find Cleared
>> (DoD Secret or Top Secret Clearances) Linux Admins in the
>> Raleigh area?

Want to fill me on this? When I last looked, the employer
got the clearance for the employee based on the nature of
the job. So the clearance is valid for the tuple (employee,
employer, job). The clearance is not transferable; as soon
as the employee leaves the job, the clearance disappears.

Or are you asking for people who have had clearances, and
presumably will be easier to reclear?

I occasionally see jobs advertised for people with security
clearances, so presumably they are transferable, but I don't
understand how this can be so.

Joe