[TriLUG] OpenLDAP Question

David Brain dbrain at gmail.com
Wed Aug 3 11:40:29 EDT 2011

Hi,

Slightly off topic - but thought this might be as good a place to ask
this as any..

Is it possible to set up a proxy OpenLDAP server that serves a 'view'
of it's backend server's data based on an LDAP filter?  I'm trying to
get a reluctant network device to auth through LDAP, and all would be
well if it could just use a filter, however as it's a closed system
it's just not possible, so my first thought for a solution is to run a
proxy LDAP server that 'pre-filters' the data.

Any thoughts or alternate solutions welcomed...

David.