[TriLUG] OpenLDAP Question

Jonathan Woodbury jonathan at mybox.org
Wed Aug 3 15:08:33 EDT 2011

I should qualify my response because I remember hearing noise about this
from my local OpenLDAP guy.  But I did actually ask him just now if this is
right and he thinks it is.

Yes!  I think this should be possible.  See the ldap backend type in the
slapd.conf to setup the proxy part of what you want.  And then see the docs
on overlays: http://www.openldap.org/doc/admin24/overlays.html for making
the changes you want this client to see.

Jonathan