[TriLUG] Linux community link building campaign?

Alan Porter porter at trilug.org
Thu Aug 4 17:42:59 EDT 2011

> There probably should be at least one strong site.

So if I type "Linux" into Google, what should I see?

1) Ubuntu Linux
www.ubuntu.com/

2) Linux.com | The source for Linux information
www.linux.com/

2) Linux - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linux

4) welcome to Linux
www.linux.org/

5) redhat.com | The World's Open Source Leader
www.redhat.com/

6) Linux Journal | The Original Magazine of the Linux Community
www.linuxjournal.com/

7) DistroWatch.com: Put the fun back into computing. Use Linux, BSD.
distrowatch.com/

8) Fedora Project Homepage
fedoraproject.org/

9) Debian GNU/Linux
www.debian.org/

10) Kubuntu | Friendly Computing
www.kubuntu.org/
*

*Other than "TriLUG", that's about what I would hope to see in the top 10.

--
# ɹǝʇɹoԀ uɐl∀

.