[TriLUG] Have a Job

Michael Hrivnak mhrivnak at hrivnak.org
Fri Aug 5 12:58:14 EDT 2011

Linux / Open Source shop has two positions available.  We are a small
operation, but we have more work in the pipeline than we can keep up
with.  Pay is competitive.  Please reply off list if you might be
interested in either position.

1) Python Developer

The right candidate can demonstrate excellent software development
practices as a member of a small team.  Please be familiar with
principles of object oriented design, use of design patterns, and
write good code.  If you have solid experience with some other
language like Java, C++, or even C#, and you really want to be part of
a project using python then you might be a good fit, but we would
obviously prefer strong python experience.  Mainly we are looking for
someone who is wicked smart and reasonably experienced.

This project uses django to manage data for a Flex UI.  We integrate
with several of Amazon's cloud services, so experience there would be
a plus.  We heavily prioritize documentation and testing of code.

2) Flex Developer

The right candidate can demonstrate excellent software development
practices as a member of a small team.  Please be familiar with
principles of object oriented design, use of design patterns, and
write good code.  Have enough flex experience to be comfortable right
away working on a well-established flex project.

Our flex project uses PureMVC and adheres strictly to an MVP design
pattern.  The product is deployed in production, and our current
projects require us to add a number of new features.