[TriLUG] OT: IP subnetting question

Alan Porter porter at trilug.org
Wed Aug 10 10:57:38 EDT 2011

> When IPv4 /stops working/, then we'll have a problem.  I honestly can't
> imagine that moment coming in, say, the next three years.

It depends on who you're trying to reach with your internet services. If
your customers are in countries that are running low on IP's, then their
service providers might (soon) be on v6-only networks.

I don't think the drive to change will come from the US... unless
someone like Google or Hulu provides some sort of new v6-only service to
deliberately accelerate that change.

--
# ɹǝʇɹoԀ uɐl∀