[TriLUG] postfix recipient_delimiter not behaving :(

David M. turnpike420 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 10 22:59:24 EDT 2011

By default postfix uses "recipient_delimiter = +" and wouldn't you know I
had to switch mail servers to receive email from an email address I setup
LONG ago that was my username+foo at domain.com when all my other emails in
recent history have been username-foo at domain.com.  So, I edit my main.cf and
set "recipient_delimiter = -" (which is the same as the backed up main.cf of
my previous mail server), stop mail services, start mail services.  I send a
test email from my gmail account to username-foo at domain.com and it is still
rejected.  Now I sent to username+foo at domain.com and it is still accepted!!
 Suggestions? I'm missing some valuable emails right now that are using the
- delimiter.  Is there anything else I should be looking at?

thanks,
David McDowell