[TriLUG] postfix recipient_delimiter not behaving :(

David M. turnpike420 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 10 23:33:07 EDT 2011

more of my own thoughts, based on this article:
https://discussions.apple.com/thread/2151090?start=0&tstart=0
it could be that OSX intends for the + to be the ONLY recipient_delimiter
for postfix due to the fact that I'm running CardDAV and CalDAV.  It turns
out a workaround was to add my username-foo alias in the Workgroup Manager
for my Open Directory user.  Problem is I have about 30 of these
username-xxx aliases out there.  The fortunate part is I kept a text file of
all of them (same a random one I may have forgotten to log).  The
unfortunate part is the place where you put aliases doesn't have any way for
each alias to have a label such that I know what my xxx's mean!  username-fs
is Flying Saucer for me... but it could have meant FullSteam if I didn't
document what I used -fs for.  ARG!

Further discussion/insight is welcome.  I have a speculative answer though.
 Maybe I'll check and see if the gui Workgroup Manager is updating an alias
file for me somewhere that I can easily text edit with #comments after each
entry.