[TriLUG] OT: FOR SALE - Working APC UPS and/or New Olympus XD Card

matt at noway2.thruhere.net matt at noway2.thruhere.net
Mon Sep 12 13:32:13 EDT 2011

Some TWC modems have a battery backup.  A while back, I tried their
digital phone service and got a modem that had a battery.  Unfortunately,
the phone service was a real hassle and we lost service more often than we
had it.  Finally, a guy who claimed to be higher in the food chain than
the regular techs came to the house on a Sunday afternoon and asked if he
could look at the modem, which we let him.  Within seconds, he said, "yep,
this is the problem" and pulled out the battery.  The phone worked ever
since until we dropped the service.