[TriLUG] OT: Personal Email Vendor Selection

Jonathan Woodbury jonathan at mybox.org
Mon Sep 19 15:34:49 EDT 2011

Igor, are you using Google Apps for Domains to accomplish this or just
forwarding your mail to Gmail?  My recommendation for those who want to use
their own domain would be to use a free Google Apps for Domains account,
assuming you can get away with 10 users or less.  You can still archive your
mail to your own server for backup purposes using IMAP.  You could even
forgo the Gmail interface and just use your favorite IMAP client and just
use Google for storage and queuing.

The one downside to using a Google Apps for Domains account is that the
users in that domain don't have access to any of Google's services that
requires a profile, such as Picasa and Google+.  This probably won't be the
case forever though.

Jonathan