[TriLUG] Couple of Nagios questions

Brian McCullough bdmc at bdmcc-us.com
Tue Sep 20 14:35:49 EDT 2011

Folks,

As usual, I am drawing on the immense body of knowledge known as TriLUG.

I am working on setting up monitoring of some of my local machines ( and VMs ) with Nagios, and seem to be learning how to do it, except for a couple of issues.

The "host" machine is Ubuntu 10.10, nagios3.

When I try and do the Disk Check, it complains that /home/user/.gvfs is inaccessable, which is not unexpected, so I tried to do a custom check_disk command ( or the parameters to it ) and said "-A -I /home/user/.gvfs", but it still complains that the directory can not be accessed.

How do I get it to ignore this problem?

Secondly, I have the "remote" machines, where I am also trying to do disk checks.  I don't think that the standard disk check routine works on remote machines, so I tried setting up the SSH version, but it doesn't seem to work either.
What user does Ubuntu Nagios use for these SSH sessions?  I tried setting up the key files, and the user "nagios" can log in to each of the remote machines from the "host" successfully, but the Disk Checks are all failing.

Thank you,
Brian