[TriLUG] Couple of Nagios questions

Brian McCullough bdmc at bdmcc-us.com
Tue Sep 20 16:12:35 EDT 2011

On Tue, Sep 20, 2011 at 03:45:18PM -0400, David M. wrote:
> I can't help with the first part,

Thank you, David.  I'll take any help I can get.

> but maybe I can with the disk portion of
> your question.  I don't mean to ask the dumb obvious question, but just

Do, do!

> wanted to make sure you have snmp installed and your community configured

Actually, no.

For the process that I am trying to use, it uses a Nagios plugin that is installed on the remote machine.

The command looks ( something ) list this:

command_line    /usr/lib/nagios/plugins/check_by_ssh -H '$HOSTADDRESS$' -C '/usr/lib/nagios/plugins/check_disk -w '\''$ARG1$' -c '\''$ARG2$'\'' -e -A -I /home/bdmc/.gvfs

This is run on the host machine, pointing at the remote ones.

Brian