[TriLUG] JOB: Web Performance Engineer

Chris Merrill chris at webperformance.com
Thu Oct 20 08:44:14 EDT 2011

On 10/19/2011 10:52 PM, Bill Farrow wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 19, 2011 at 4:00 PM, Chris Merrill <chris at webperformance.com> wrote:
>>
>> Principals only. No phone calls please. US Citizenship required.
>>
>> This position is in RTP, NC. In-person interview is required. No relocation compensation is offered.
>
> The company website says that "Permanent US Residency" is required,
> and not US Citizenship.  From what I understand, the only reason to
> require citizenship is for DoD type jobs that require security
> clearance.

Thanks for catching that discrepancy!  I didn't write this job description,
but I'll make sure it gets corrected.

> No mention of Linux, or any target operating systems....

We are OS agnostic - use whatever makes you most productive on your own
desktop.  Our internal systems are mostly Linux. Our customers, who you
would be advising, could be running anything, but Windows, Linux, Solaris
and AIX are most common.  Windows is required for some parts of the job.

Chris

chris at webperformance.com                |  http://webperformance.com
919-433-1762                            |  919-845-7601

Web Performance: Website Load Testing Software & Services