[TriLUG] strange chars/formatting in received e-mail

Joseph Mack NA3T jmack at wm7d.net
Thu Nov 10 13:58:38 EST 2011

I'm using pine/alpine as my e-mail client. I occasionally
get e-mail that has strange chars where a para/end of
sentence/linefeed might be. As well, when I "reply" the text
isn't indented with a ">" at the start of each line, but is
included as is (as if my client doesn't recognise the e-mail
that I'm replying to as text).

Here's an example I got from my s.o. this morning. The first
sentence starts with an "A" with a "^" on top on my screen.
There are two more of the same char in the sample.

---

 	  They have changed our email and I am not sure that this will go
through.  The email has been down all morning since they did this
conversion overnight.

---

Anyone know what's going on/what I have to do to see it as
e-mail?

Thanks Joe