[TriLUG] OT: LTO 3 External Drive

Brian Blater brb.lists at gmail.com
Tue Nov 29 10:33:08 EST 2011

I'm going to take a leap of faith here with this request, but figured
this list might be able to provide.

I just received some backup tapes from an international project office
we just shutdown. They did all their backup to LTO3 tapes. I found out
that the operations group where I work has removed all but one LTO3
drive and it is currently being used for another project. In order to
extract this data I received, I would need to provide them with the
tapes and they would have their people do the restore to some external
USB drives. I would of course have to pay for the labor and the extra
hardware and it just isn't in the budget as I've already got the
people to do it etc.

I thought I had a spare LTO3 drive at home, but it turned out to be an
LTO2 drive instead. I was wondering if anyone had a spare external
LTO3 drive they wouldn't mind lending me for a couple of weeks so I
could get this data extracted?

Please let me know if you can help. Off-line of course.

Thanks,
Brian