[TriLUG] Project Space for Linux Distro

Steve Pinkham steve.pinkham at gmail.com
Thu Dec 1 12:38:20 EST 2011

On 12/01/2011 11:54 AM, Roy Vestal wrote:
> Hi all,
>  Does anyone have a recommendation for project space for a linux distro
> or a repository? I've already looked at sourceforge and google. Just
> looking at what's out there before going forward.
>
> And no, I do not want to house this at home.
>
> -Roy

> Roy Vestal

I use sourceforge for my vm project, and it's great for hosting.  We
average about 800-1000 downloads a month of a 1.2GB file, and no
complaints.

That's over 1TB of bandwidth a month I'm glad I don't have to pay for. ;-)

http://sourceforge.net/projects/websecuritydojo/

I use SF git and their bug tracking tools, and they are servicable but
not great. It's just handy to keep it all togeather, and it's a low
overhead project for me, so I haven't cared to move it.  I do work with
some other projects that use trac at SF, which works ok too.

For smaller projects I use tend to use github, but sf is convient if
only for huge downloads, fast and cheap.
--
 | Steven Pinkham, Security Consultant    |
 | http://www.mavensecurity.com           |