[TriLUG] postfix spam blocking

David McDowell turnpike420 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 16 22:22:30 EST 2011

Um, wow. So I think I got 2-3 emails suggesting keep it in the recipient realm, then 30 about the philosophies, relevance and if email should even exist. I had no idea I was starting that. OK, that said I'll try keeping things in the recipient realm. :)

As for the some of you, email isn't going anywhere anytime soon unfortunately. Embrace it and do what you can to mitigate spam. For the 12-22 yr olds out there, make your social media tools into powerful business models (besides being Facebook and making more money than god from demographics data) and you have a future in tech communications.

Thanks for the tips using postfix (my home MTA) and best of luck with spam blocking. At $work we use Brightmail on our Exchange and it works great. I get less than 5 per week, and usually less than 5 per month with virtually no false positives... 5 per year maybe...

David