[TriLUG] IPv6 Networking on CentOS (RHEL)

Randy Barlow randy at electronsweatshop.com
Tue Dec 20 17:28:35 EST 2011

On 12/20/2011 05:19 PM, Seva Adari wrote:
> I am not clear on how this migration (from ip4 to ip6)  is going to work
> out for end users (individual networks). Don't we need to have our
> respective ISP's involved in this? Ultimately they are the gateway keepers
> of our traffic  and if they are not part of the picture, does anything that
> we do at our end would have any bearing?

I have IPv6 at $WORK (/home/rbarlow) and at $HOME (/home/rbarlow),
neither of which are provided by my $ISPs. I used
http://tunnelbroker.com to do this for free, and I highly recommend you
check that out.

Also, I just got the Samsung Galaxy Nexus last week on Verizon's 4G
network, and it looks like Verizon is providing native v6 service on
their 4G network. In addition, I now have a 20x20 connection on my phone.