[TriLUG] RHEL best practices

Cristóbal Palmer cmp at cmpalmer.org
Wed Mar 14 15:57:34 EDT 2012

On Mon, Mar 12, 2012 at 2:34 PM, stan briggs <stanbriggs at gmail.com> wrote:
> all,
> i have been unable to find anything that is sorta' official regarding RHEL
> best practices. things like minimum packages, that kind of stuff. does
> anyone on this list know of such a thing?

Have another look through these:

https://docs.redhat.com/docs/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux/6/html/Deployment_Guide/index.html
https://access.redhat.com/knowledge/kb

Note that some KB articles are only available to people with a paid
account. I think an individual account is ~$50 and your institution
may have an account. There are a ton of things that are covered in
more howto-like fashion in the KB.

Of course, if you're using some tool a hardware vendor, hypervisor
vendor, etc. to do deployments, their advice may supersede and/or
conflict with things you find in the above. Which brings us to....

> as a 2nd tier response references to blogs, etc, that are regularly used by
> members of this group.

http://serverfault.com/
Various IRC channels, including TriLUG-related ones documented here:

Cheers,
--
Cristóbal Palmer
Systems Administrator