[TriLUG] OT: WTB Mac Tower suitable for video production

Jack Hill jackhill at jackhill.us
Sun Apr 8 17:14:02 EDT 2012

On Sun, 8 Apr 2012 15:39:15 -0400
"Tom Eisenmenger" <teisenmenger at charter.net> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm looking for a Mac tower, preferably nothing older than a PowerMac
> G5, for use as a video production unit.

To bring this back on topic: why do you want a Mac? Is there some
feature you want missing in Free video production software?

<flame>Really? You email a Free software program's users group mailing
list looking to use OS X? And do so using Microsoft Windows Live
MUA</flame>

Okay, so I suck at flaming. I actually do keep my eye out for deals on
powerpc machines because non x86 hardware makes me happy. Fairly
regularly there are PowerMac G5's for sale on craigslist.
Unfortunately, they are too costly for me. What price point are you
looking for?

Jack