[TriLUG] OT: WTB Mac Tower suitable for video production

Tom Eisenmenger teisenmenger at charter.net
Sun Apr 8 22:26:43 EDT 2012

Fair enough.  I do some occasional PC consulting/service up here in
Roanoke Rapids and occasionally get calls on Macs (local shops won't
touch 'em, apparently).  The Mac is to replace a client's dead G4 tower
- this is his requirement, not mine. FWIW, I must admit I do like Apple
products for the most part.  I much prefer them to Windows if I have to
work with non-FOSS.

Budget is $200-250 bucks.  I know, I know...  but that's about what they
go for on eBay.  I just thought if there was a local source I could
avoid the nightmare of having a tower shipped in.  There are indeed a
couple of possibilities on CL, but I'd rather buy from a TriLUG member
so they can afford a nice Android tablet or Raspberry Pi ;-).  As it
turns out, I do have a TriLUG member possibly stepping up to the plate,
so all's good.

Regards,

Tom