[TriLUG] SC nominations on the wiki

Alan Porter porter at trilug.org
Fri Apr 20 10:56:44 EDT 2012

Tired of election politics? Not yet... there's still five important
offices to fill... the TriLUG Steering Committee!

I know you've been thinking about how you can contribute to the LUG. Now
is your chance. Nominations are taking place right now, and elections
will take place at the May 10th meeting.

Nominate yourself or some other unsuspecting LUG member here [1]:
http://trilug.org/wiki/Steering_Committee_2012-2013_Nominations

Or just give a shout-out on this mailing list, and one of our
highly-trained web monkeys will transcribe your name to the wiki link above.

Or, if you're the highly undecided type, announce your last-minute
intentions at the May meeting... well, at least at the BEGINNING of the
May meeting. You won't win an election by announcing your campaign at
Bada Wings after the meeting.

Working on the steering committee is a great way to contribute to the
local open source scene. Sure, it's not contributing code or showing off
your mad programming skillz. Instead, it is outreach, organization,
education and enthusiasm.

Being a steering committee member is basically committing to making sure
that the meetings and events happen smoothly, and that the members get
what they want to out of the LUG. SC members can do the legwork
themselves as individuals or as a group, or they can solicit help from
volunteers (real-world examples: we roped Jeremy Davis into
video-recording our recent meetings, and a couple of our members helped
find a new pizza vendor when MegaByte closed).

I'll be adding some names to the list... come see who!

NOTES

[1] The wiki will ask you to enter "TRI" and "LUG" to get past our
comprehensive spam security.

--
# ɹǝʇɹoԀ uɐl∀