[TriLUG] Linux Video Hardware Vendor

matt at noway2.thruhere.net matt at noway2.thruhere.net
Tue May 22 16:48:20 EDT 2012

I looked into this last fall, when I was getting the urge to build a new
system.  I ultimately took a nap and the urge passed, but that is another
story.

What I saw then was that ATI was considered to have the best support,
followed by NVidia.  Intel could be made to work, but it took some
screwing around with it.  If I recall there were some articles along the
lines of "Intel video, mostly, works under Linux".

At the time I was focused mostly on the i7 motherboards with the newly
re-released Sandybridge architecture.