[TriLUG] Thinkpad X201 display is always white

Matias D'Ambrosio angasule at gmail.com
Mon Jun 25 09:56:26 EDT 2012

The failure was sudden and complete. I didn't smell ozone, but I may
have had the fan on, I think I would have noticed ozone anyway since
I'm familiar with it, but it's hard to tell.

The computer is far from a doormat! I'm using it to type this email,
only the display doesn't work, and it's my only decent computer,
otherwise I would have started poking around right away. I'm obviously
making a backup right now. I'll also print the disassembly manual, but
I will probably wait till tomorrow night and do that at SplatSpace
since I'm tool-limited (moving half-way around the world is fun!).

Cheers,
 Matt