[TriLUG] RTI as a meeting place?

Joseph Mack NA3T jmack at wm7d.net
Wed Jul 11 19:45:21 EDT 2012

On Wed, 11 Jul 2012, Neil L. Little wrote:

> Perhaps that went on in the background beyond my notice.
> It was my understanding that we out grew the meeting
> place. I do remember all the folks stacked along the walls
> month after month.

I wasn't going to TriLUG meetings during this period, so
there's a missing piece for me too. NCSA was having the
opposite problem, so if crowding was the problem with TriLUG
at RTI, they should have loved having NCSA.

The message we got from RTI was that educational meetings,
unless for the benefit of RTI staff, weren't part of their
mission.

I just remember appearing at RTI one night and we weren't
allowed in. Communications within NCSA weren't well
organised at the time and I expect several people let the
ball drop. But the thing I took away was RTI's attitude
about things that didn't directly benefit RTI.

Joe