[TriLUG] G+ Hangout Live

Bill Farrow bill at arrowsreach.com
Fri Jul 13 12:51:00 EDT 2012

On Fri, Jul 13, 2012 at 12:31 PM, Alan Porter <porter at trilug.org> wrote:

>> The Interactive Hangout should appear on my Google+ profile page:
>>    https://plus.google.com/u/0/113232536488558671467/
>
> How did this work out? Did anyone attend? Did it seem to work OK?

We had a few people join the Hangout, and some others watched live.  I
was using my laptop as the camera, which made it difficult to use the
text chat facility.

The only "problem" was during the demo, Wesley needed more bandwidth
over the wifi to pull down packages, so we stopped the hangout for a
few minutes.  Hence, part 1 and part 2.

In the future we could try a USB webcam for the capture, and use the
laptop to text chat.  Two laptops with usb webcams would give us the
ability to switch between cameras, which would be sweet.  Throw in an
Android phone or tablet and we could capture the audience members when
they ask the presenter questions.

Now, can we edit the video that is on YouTube ?

Bill