[TriLUG] G+ Hangout Live

Jeremy Davis jeremyhwllc at gmail.com
Fri Jul 13 13:15:12 EDT 2012

I thought it was nice. Some checked it out. I participated myself during
the meeting. It records directly into a youtube video as well, which saved
us this time because my flip camera did not work well with the rechargeable
batteries. I plan to bring a webcam next time. I noticed some nice features
such as document sharing and window sharing that can be collaborated on
during the hangout session. Slideshare also works with it, so it might make
sense to have the speaker use slideshare for the presentation on Google
hangouts then not only would the online audience be able to clearly see
what is going on but it would also be recorded with legible slides. Bill
and I discussed possibly trying a weekly meeting with it.