[TriLUG] 4TB GPT Disk fails to Mount with Tomato 2.6.22.19 Kernel

Alan Sterger asterger at earthlink.net
Wed Aug 15 11:12:27 EDT 2012

Hi Ron,

Tomato is E3000 Linksys router third-party firmware. The box I've been
describing is configurable USB 3.0 external storage. What I'm trying to
achieve is a NAS like backup capability.

Originally thought there was ambiguity in initializing a disk to GPT in
linux.  Several tools were used and each gave different results.
'fdisk' being more mature always gave the same results but fdisk appears
to only work on devices < 2TB.

-- Alan Sterger