[TriLUG] Flash, was Re: first post: looking for basic Linux course

Bill Farrow bill at arrowsreach.com
Thu Aug 23 09:11:26 EDT 2012

On Thu, Aug 23, 2012 at 8:38 AM, Tim Jowers <timjowers at gmail.com> wrote:
> *iOS: no flash but there are some work-arounds: *
> http://www.bgr.com/2011/09/09/adobe-finally-brings-flash-to-iphone-and-ipad/
> Android: Flash works. You usually have to install it to your phone
> aftermarket however.

The future of Flash is uncertain.  I think it would be very risky to
start a new project using Flash these days.

"Adobe confirms it won't support Flash on Android 4.1, stops new Flash
installs from Google Play on August 15th".
http://www.engadget.com/2012/06/28/adobe-confirms-it-wont-support-flash-on-android-4-1/

Flash on ARM never got off to a good start.  It took Adobe several
years to port Flash to ARM, littering the path with bug riddled closed
source embedded players that failed to live up to their marketing
hype.

Bill