[TriLUG] ssl through reverse proxy

Paul G. Szabady paul at thyservice.com
Sat Aug 25 12:32:43 EDT 2012

Ok, partially answering myself, but still not quite where I want to be.

After a bit more head banging, I decided to split things up to make sure
I wasn't getting the wrong certificate, etc.  I set up a second IP on my
reverse proxy server, changed the vhost IP, firewall, etc and have been
able to get the SSL to work for domain1, but...  this solution requires
a 1:1 mapping from my firewall (port 443) to this 2nd IP (port 443).  So
while it works for domain1, I still can't figure out how to make httpS
work for domain2.

Thoughts?

--
Paul
@ Thy Service

On 8/25/2012 11:09 AM, Paul G. Szabady wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> I am trying to enable ssl through the following scenario, running
> apache 2.2 on separate servers.  Basically, I want the reverse proxy
> (RP) server to do just that, proxying.  I have done this hundreds of
> times behind load balancers (e.g. Big IP F5), but here at $HOME, I
> don't have that luxury.
>
> client (httpS) > firewall > Apache RP > (domain1 | domain2)