[TriLUG] Router issues

Igor Partola igor at igorpartola.com
Tue Oct 2 16:40:54 EDT 2012

Thanks everyone for the replies. After many debugging tries, I swapped the
current router for a pair of Netgear boxes. The main router now does only
the wired routing, and there is a separate wireless access point to take
care of the 802.11g/n clients.

The problem is that the main router is showing the same symptoms as the
original Asus one. In other words, this doesn't look like a router problem
at all, but a problem somewhere else on the network. When this problem
happens, I can see that the ARP entry for the main router (172.16.0.1) is
marked as 'incomplete' for the HWaddress. The router itself is showing
activity and seems to think it's online.

At this point I have reached my limit with the understanding of this
problem. Is there anyone in the area that has availability for to come into
our office (Raleigh, near NCSU campus) and debug this problem? My employer
is looking to compensate for this work.

If you think you can help me resolve this on-site, please message me and
we'll figure out the details.

Thanks,
Igor