[TriLUG] On resolving local names with dnsmasq

matt at noway2.thruhere.net matt at noway2.thruhere.net
Fri Oct 5 10:36:45 EDT 2012

Brian,

What happens if you open a terminal on the server and start nslookup, then
at the prompt put in 'server' (no quotes)?

Do you get back the server's LAN IP address as the default server?  In
other words, does it know where to look?

Also, do you have the search domain defined in your network configuration?