[TriLUG] Java and Struts and HTTP

Brian McCullough bdmc at buadh-brath.com
Thu Oct 11 13:50:24 EDT 2012

Folks,

Due to the deep, eclectic knowledge of this group, I am once again
trying a probe.

I am currently working on modifying a Tomcat web application, and need
to find the "calling" URL.

In documentation, I find something called HttpServletRequest, which has
a method getRequestURI ( or URL ), which looks ideal.  It appears to be
in a package called javax.servlet.http.  Wonderful.

However, I am having a problem connecting that package with the
appropriate jar file, if there is one.  I am working in a Java 5.0 (?)
environment with Struts 2.1.6, and don't seem to find that package
available.  It is very possible that I am just not doing something
right, I've been known to do that.

Any suggestions, pointers?

Thank you,
Brian