[TriLUG] Java and Struts and HTTP

Chris Merrill chris at webperformance.com
Thu Oct 11 15:33:01 EDT 2012

You likely need to obtain the JEE jars and include them in your IDE setup.  The jar you need is
"servlet.jar", I think. IIRC, the standard JDK does not include the JEE (Java Enterprise Edition)
jars, since it is a server-side component.

On 10/11/2012 1:50 PM, Brian McCullough wrote:
> Folks,
>
> Due to the deep, eclectic knowledge of this group, I am once again
> trying a probe.
>

> I am currently working on modifying a Tomcat web application, and need
> to find the "calling" URL.
>

> In documentation, I find something called HttpServletRequest, which has
> a method getRequestURI ( or URL ), which looks ideal.  It appears to be
> in a package called javax.servlet.http.  Wonderful.
>

> However, I am having a problem connecting that package with the
> appropriate jar file, if there is one.  I am working in a Java 5.0 (?)
> environment with Struts 2.1.6, and don't seem to find that package
> available.  It is very possible that I am just not doing something
> right, I've been known to do that.
>

> Any suggestions, pointers?
>

> Thank you,
> Brian

chris at webperformance.com                |  http://webperformance.com
919-433-1762                            |  919-845-7601

Web Performance: Website Load Testing Software & Services