[TriLUG] OT: PT One tech issue from tonight's debate

Steve Litt slitt at troubleshooters.com
Fri Oct 19 17:25:28 EDT 2012

On Fri, 19 Oct 2012 17:07:59 -0400, Chris Merrill said:
> On 10/19/2012 4:56 PM, Steve Litt wrote:
> > On Fri, 19 Oct 2012 16:38:56 -0400, Chris Merrill said:
> >> You live in a country that
> >> is safe,
> >
> > [clip]
> >
> >> and good healthcare.
> >
> > Say whaaaaaaaaat?
> >
> > Tell that to the 48.6 million Americans exiled from the healthcare
> > system.
>
> Those 48.6 million live in a country that will still give them good
> health care, even if that have no insurance and no money.

Yeah, after they've divested themselves of their house, their kids'
college funds, their retirements, to pay for a couple weeks in the
hospital.

> Tell THAT
> to the billions on this planet who rarely, if ever, get anywhere near
> a doctor.

Absolutely right!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_Health_Organization_ranking_of_health_systems

The American uninsured are better off than the average citizen in
Somalia, Liberia Nigeria Democratic Republic of the Congo Central
African Republic, or Burma. Thanks for defining our 21st century
aspirations.

SteveT