[TriLUG] GUI for tmux, screen, or similar

Bill Farrow bill at arrowsreach.com
Fri Nov 30 10:13:11 EST 2012

Hey,
I have been using ssh and "screen" to let me re-connect to a command
shell from home and at work.  This has worked fine, but I am growing
tired of remembering another set of key combinations to switch
sessions and such.

Last night I tried "tmux" which is touted as a replacement for
"screen".  So far so good.  The status bar at the bottom is a big
help, but now I have to peck through the key combinations.

What I am looking for is a GUI Application that hooks into tmux and
provides tabs for windows, drop down menus, X11 cut and paste, etc.  A
brief google search turned up iTerm2 which does this, but it is a
native OS X application.

  http://code.google.com/p/iterm2/wiki/TmuxIntegration

Does such an application exist for Linux ?

Bill