[TriLUG] Watch Netflix streaming video on Linux? YES!

Bill Farrow bill at arrowsreach.com
Tue Dec 4 21:34:59 EST 2012

On Tue, Dec 4, 2012 at 7:47 PM, Carl Crider <c.crider at gmail.com> wrote:
> One hopes that the licensing issues will be worked out soon enough, and we
> intel/AMD architecture, non-Win users will have our Netflix and eat it too.

Maybe the demand from Linux users using the Wine workaround will show
Netflix that there is a viable market for a native Linux application.
If they don't do something soon, someone will reverse engineer the
Roku software and enable access by all media players.

The TriLUG Social and Demo night is coming up next week.  Would
someone like to demo Netflix running on Linux ?  I am going to demo
some other entertainment applications like MythTV, XBMC, and bluecop
for Hulu and Amazon Prime.

Bill