[TriLUG] Raspberry Pi followup

Jeremy Davis jeremydavis at jeremydavis.biz
Fri Jan 11 12:11:30 EST 2013

Last night's TriLUG meeting ranks high among the most awesome events ever!
Huge thanks to all the presenters and the Splatspace community for making
it all happen!

It was amazing to see all that could be done and all the interested people.
I did not expect to see a Skynet face recognition laser "proof of concept"
demonstrated on this $35 Raspberry Pi device, but oh yes, it really did
happen!

A big thank you goes out to Andrew Hunt, for the Raspberry Pi books for the
giveaway. You can find these Raspberry Pi books and others like it at the
Pragmatic Bookshelf website. Be sure to check it out!

These Raspberry Pi devices would serve well at the heart of a local youth
group. If anyone has interest in volunteering to help start a tech oriented
youth group in this area please let me know.

Cheers!
Jeremy Davis
TriLUG PR