[TriLUG] Anyone bought from xoticpc.com?

Steve Litt slitt at troubleshooters.com
Sun Mar 31 14:12:17 EDT 2013

On Sat, 30 Mar 2013 20:27:21 -0400
Ron Kelley <rkelleyrtp at gmail.com> wrote:

> Seems like a reputable place...
>
> http://www.resellerratings.com/store/Xotic_PC
>

> -Ron
>

> On Mar 30, 2013, at 8:22 PM, Mike Shaw wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > I have been looking at possibly buying a laptop from xoticpc.com
> > and wanted to see if anyone on the list has had any experience with
> > them, good or bad ?  Just curious because I had never heard of them
> > before a google search popped them up and they edge out other
> > places because they offer a 3% cash discount.  :)
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Mike
> > ---

If you have a Costco in your area, check it out. They have a 90 day
return policy, so if your laptop doesn't work with Linux, just restore
the Windows and bring it back. I just bought a 8GB laptop with 750GB
and an AMD 4 core for $549.99, and I'm using it with OpenSuse 12.3 dual
booted with the Windows 8 it came with (Windows is necessary if you
ever call tech support).

I like mail order for movie DVDs and books and stuff where you're
pretty sure what you're getting, and even computer parts, but
ordering whole computers you're going to be in a world of hurt if
something's wrong with the computer.

SteveT