[TriLUG] About time-warner broadband

James Jones jc.jones at tuftux.com
Mon Apr 8 09:35:05 EDT 2013

All,

I have moved all my important websites to an amazon server instance. I
am closing my time-warner business class internet service account and
hoping to sign up with a lesser expensive isp. I live in Wendell, NC (
27591 ). It appears that my options are Time Warner broadband
residential service, AT&T dsl, and DishNet internet via satellite.

Since I have cable in place and no land line phone service, I will
probably go with Time Warner Broadband residential service.

Is there any known blocked ports on that service?

I do want to be able to access my home computer from remote locations
and not necessarily on port 22.

--
Jc Jones