[TriLUG] About time-warner broadband

matt at noway2.thruhere.net matt at noway2.thruhere.net
Mon Apr 8 10:03:25 EDT 2013

I am planning on doing the exact same thing in June is up with TWC-BC,
entirely for the purpose of saving money.

I am not aware of TWC residential blocking any ports, at least they didn't
used to but residential spam bots have become such a ubiquitous problem
that blocking port 25 brings a lot of protection without inconvenience for
>99.999% of their customers.

My thought was to create a VPN tunnel between my home machine(s) and the
front end hosted server, effectively making the hosted system part of the
local net while encrypting the traffic and avoiding port blocking.