[TriLUG] Cloning to a larger HD

Michael Rulison 13miketele at bellsouth.net
Tue Apr 9 17:11:34 EDT 2013

I wanted to move my dual boot (Ubuntu/Win XP) system from ca. 120 GB to
a 500 GB disk (laptop/sata)
Clonezilla froze up in both beginner and expert modes from disk reading
problems beyond the first partition.
dd...... also crumped out; probably operator ignorance.

But EASEUS.EXE, free download for non-business use (downloaded to win xp
partition and then burned to  CD-RW) worked perfectly as a byte-to-byte
transfer. Then I used gparted to expand the partitions to use more of
the 500 GB disk.

All seems to have been re-established successfully and every one has
some elbow room.