[TriLUG] Palmer for another SC term; proposed amendment to the bylaws

Cristóbal Palmer cristobalpalmer at gmail.com
Thu Apr 25 10:08:57 EDT 2013

On Thursday, April 25, 2013 at 9:27 AM, James Jones wrote:
> If we have to make rules for decent behavior, then perhaps we should all
> stay at home.

Your conclusion does not follow from your premise. You could try articulating why you think this is true step-by-step, and I think you'll find the flaw.

> One rule will just call for another rule and then we would spend all of our
> meeting time making rules.

With respect, this is a slippery slope argument and there is not evidence for it. Other organizations that have adopted strikingly similar anti-harassment policies are thriving.

Cheers,
--
Cristóbal Palmer

cmpalmer.org