[TriLUG] The biggest deterrent for women in tech

Brandon Van Every bvanevery at gmail.com
Wed May 1 17:16:46 EDT 2013

On Wed, May 1, 2013 at 3:34 PM, Bill Farrow <bill at arrowsreach.com> wrote:

> On Wed, May 1, 2013 at 3:15 PM, John Vaughters <jvaughters04 at yahoo.com>
> wrote:
> > I prefer this mantra by Thomas Edison:
> > "Success is 10 percent inspiration and 90 percent perspiration."
>
> And I thought it was: "he who patents first - wins".  (Edison had 1,093
> patents)

Make sure to have Tesla working for you while you're at it.  Except Edison
shouldn't have marginalized his potential contributions, big mistake that
cost him a lot of electrical contracts.  The History Channel did a good
documentary on the interactions of Edison, Tesla, and J. P. Morgan.

Cheers,
Brandon