[TriLUG] Late night IPv6

Brian McCullough bdmc at bdmcc-us.com
Fri May 10 17:22:13 EDT 2013

On Fri, May 10, 2013 at 10:49:15AM -0400, Igor Partola wrote:
> Bill,
>
> I hope you also enabled the firewall to safeguard your home network.
> Otherwise, bad things (tm) are bound to happen :).

That is my current ( long-standing ) issue.

I have an OpenBSD box as my firewall, and it is set up, and seems to run
well in the IPv4 world, but I can't seem to work out the incantations to
make it take the /64 endpoint coming in and pass it on to the /48 world
inside the network, along with all of the other tools that need to be
configured for this type of environment.

The most common result is that nothing passes in either direction.

B-(