[TriLUG] Mobile Phones - Proprietary

Tim Jowers timjowers at gmail.com
Wed Jun 12 20:46:31 EDT 2013

You gotta look at the frequencies to ensure you get one that works on your
carrier. E.g. the Korean-sourced Note Two is similar to the Galaxy Note II
but does not do 4G on T-Mobile. Its OK, you can get a great phone for
around $200 from the store. There are lots of good second hand phone
sources too. We've been happy with T-Mobile. Paying around $130/month now
for two unlimited everythings. That includes wifi tether so my phone acts
like a wifi access point so I can hook up my laptop. Believe it or not,
there are still many restaurants and places in Charlotte which still don't
have wifi. E.g. I got this phone like $89 refurb. Since I can use tablet,
phablet, or laptop anywhere, I use those to check my email.

Cheers,
Tim