[TriLUG] Sunfire x4140 issues

Zac Durham zacdurham at gmail.com
Wed Jun 26 15:43:41 EDT 2013

Not unlikely. When the computer posts, or in the BIOS, do you get a good
look at the cpu series number? The 23xx 'Barcelona' cpus were affected.
According to this first article, Sun waited for AMD to come out with new
cpus before proceeding on that line of servers. But who knows...

See if you can get the series of the cpu, check its specs on cpu-world. If
its stepping is 'B2' then it is surely affected. If it's B3, you're good.

http://www.tomshardware.com/news/sun-opteron-server,5345.html

TLB explained....

http://www.dailytech.com/Understanding++AMDs+TLB+Processor+Bug/article9915.h
tm