[TriLUG] July 11th Meeting: Lightning Talks - Call for Proposals

Barry Peddycord III bwpeddyc at ncsu.edu
Thu Jun 27 10:03:44 EDT 2013

Topic: Lightning Talks
Presenter: YOU!
When: Thursday, 11th July 2013, 7pm
Where: Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, NC State
Engineering Building II, Centennial Campus
RSVP: http://trilug-july2013.eventbrite.com

We'll be putting the July meeting in the hands of the TriLUG community
by holding a series of Lightning Talks. Lightning talks are short talks
of about 5-15 minutes long that give the audience a taste of a topic
rather than going into the great detail associated with formal
presentations. If you've been working on a cool project lately or
learned something cool about technology, you are qualified to present
something!

If you have an idea for a talk, please pitch it on the TriLUG mailing
list and the community will help you cultivate it into a presentation
you can be proud of. Prepend your subject line with "LT:" to make it
easy to find (ie subject = "LT: Using Inkscape"). The Steering Committee
will then collate a list of the topics and speakers from the mailing
list posts. There isn't a set theme yet, but we expect a theme will
emerge from the discussions in the next couple of weeks.

When we have a line up of speakers, they will be posted to
http://trilug.org/2013-07-11/lightning-talks.